Before submitting your listing, please review the guidelines below:
- Vegan Directory is a directory of Canadian businesses owned by ethical vegans that sell products or services directly to the public, or to other businesses. We also include business services (eg: communications, cybersecurity, graphic design, web design) worldwide that support Canadian vegan businesses.
- We do not include restaurants (HappyCow has you covered there), blogs, affiliate sites, multi-level marketing sites, or other directories.
- All listings are manually reviewed, and subject to approval. Your listing will only be viewable after it is published.
- Submit your listing using the “Add Listing“ form for your business category. You can select more than one sub-category. If your category does not exist, or you are not sure what category to submit in, please contact me.
- The first image in your listing submission will be used at the top of your listing. Please submit a landscape image.
- This directory uses Google maps. Most categories require a physical address. If you do not want to include your actual address, you still need to include a city or town. In the “Address” field you can use one of the following instead of your street address: _ (underscore), in, near, or something similar. If you are not using your exact address please move the pin to a central location in your town/city.
- The user account created when you submit your listing is only for the initial submission, and will be deactivated. Currently any changes, after the initial submission, have to be emailed or submitted via our contact page.
- Basic listings are currently free and valid for a year. After a year they will be reviewed, and can be renewed.
- Moving forward: In 2022 I will also be adding a blog, featuring vegan businesses. If you are interested in being featured, would like to contribute, or have any questions please contact me. In 2023 I may offer paid options, including the option to manage your own listing.
Because this is a location-based directory, most categories require an address. If you run your business from home and want to keep your address private, you have a few choices.
- Instead of your street address, use an underscore “_” or one of the options in #5 above.
- Check “Private Address” on the submission form. Please note, this option will remove your listing from the map and any location-based search.
- Submit in the Online Services category.
- The Accommodations and Local Store categories don’t have the “Private Address” option, since we assume you want people to know where you are. 🙂
- The Media, Online Store and Online Services categories do not require an address.
Until every animal is free,